- 100g extra virgin organic coconut oil
- 100g organic high-grade maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 500g Rolled Oats (gluten-free)
- 500g nuts – pecans, almonds, hazelnuts, walnut, pistachio
- 250g dried fruit – apricots, cranberries, raisins etc. (Optional)
- 50g coconut shavings and cocoa nibs (Optional)
This is an amazingly versatile recipe – I love using different nuts and fruit to punctuate the seasons – pecan and cranberry at Christmas time, apricots and almonds in spring and pistachio and sultana for a summer feel…delicious!
1. Heat the oven to 150C/130Cfan/gas3.
2. In a pan warm the coconut oil and maple syrup until all the dissolved then add the vanilla and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl mix the oats, seeds, and nuts.
4. Mix in the maple syrup and coconut oil mixture to the oat mix and stir thoroughly. Spread over one or two baking trays and toast for 45 minutes, making sure you stir the ingredients every 15 minutes (use a timer for this!!)
5. Stir in the dried fruit, coconuts flakes and/or cocoa nibs and cook for a further 10 minutes.
6. Allow to cool completely and store in airtight container for up to one month.
7. Sprinkle over organic ‘live’ yoghurt and berries or other fresh fruit.